Total Pageviews

Friday 10 April 2015

Chrome is still a threat to your MacBook's battery


Google’s Chrome is the best web browser for my needs. Apple’s MacBooks are the best computers for my needs. So why is the combination of the two such a wretched and chronically compromised situation? Almost every advice column on how to improve MacBook battery life begins with the suggestion to avoid using Chrome in favor of Apple’s more efficient Safari browser. The idea that Chrome is a big and profligate battery drain on MacBooks has existed almost as long as the browser has been available, and most benchmarks reiterate it by showing Chrome’s gluttonous consumption of system resources for seemingly basic tasks.


I guess I hoped that by 2015 things would be different.


While reviewing the new MacBook Pro with Retina display, I ran the...


Continue reading…






from The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1Iz92Mm

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment